BO-53-50 : Jericho Beach Air Station
This is a photo of the Jericho Beach Air Station from 1953. Also known as RCAF Air Station Jericho Beach, the facility began operations in 1920 as a flying boat station. Later it was home to the No. 4 and No. 6 Bomber Reconnaissance Squadrons, and No. 1 Signal Squadron of the RCAF. Only two building remain today, one was converted into the Jericho Sailing Center and the second into the HI-Vancouver hostel.