This is another low altitude shot of apartment buildings in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver from 1948. The intersection in the top-left is the corner of Cornwall Avenue and Maple Street. At the bottom of the image you can see the rail lines that the interurban streetcars ran on. The “Kitsilano Loop” was in use…
This is another really low altitude shot of housing in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver from 1948. The intersection on the left is the corner of Cornwall Avenue and Yew Street just south of Kitsilano Beach Park. There are several people in windows and on the street watching the plane fly past.
This is a really low altitude shot of some apartments in Vancouver from 1948. The intersection is the corner of Cornwall Avenue and Vine Street just south of Kitsilano Beach Park. Surprisingly, the area still looks pretty similar.
This is a somewhat higher altitude shot of the Pacific Coast Terminals in New Westminster from 1946. The terminals handled the import of general cargo such as apples, wood and refrigerated food.
This is a shot of downtown Victoria from 1947 looking south-east towards Fairfield. The Hudson Bay Company store can be seen just bottom-left of center. It also looks like there is a bit of a rail yard just off Chatham Street.
This is an image of North Vancouver which was labelled “Pattison’s Estate” from July 8, 1952. It shows a large estate near what is now 1st Street East and St. Davids Avenue. The entire area has now been converted to houses.
This is New Westminster Secondary School from April 27, 1950. At that time, the school was called Vincent Massey Junior High. It is located at the corner of Eighth Avenue and 8th Street in New Westminster.
This image was titled “Kamloops Flats Indian Reserve”. It was taken May 16, 1962. After doing a bit of research I’m having a hard time confirming if this really was an Indian Reserve. Any information would be appreciated.
These are the Work Point Barracks in Esquimalt, just outside Victoria, from 1947. Unfortunately the image is not the sharpest, but you get a great view of the Canadian Forces Base along with Imperial Oil and Esquimalt Harbour way off in the distance.
This is an overview of the northern part of Penticton from 1948.