Currently, we offer digital downloads of images as well as high quality, professional photographic enlargements.
Photographic enlargements are professionally printed on premium-quality Kodak Supra Endura paper and delivered via Canada Post in 1 to 2 weeks. Available sizes vary slightly from image to image due to cropping and camera formats. View the purchase options for an individual image to see exactly what the final print sizes will be. Generally, enlargements are available with a width of 16 inches, 20 inches, 24 inches and 30 inches. It is not advised to go below 16 inches in width because you really need a large print to be able to see all the detail in the image.
Licensing of photographic enlargements is simple:
When you purchase a photographic enlargement, it may not be copied, reproduced, or duplicated.
When you purchase a digital image, you’ll be downloading a full resolution, 8-bit, black and white image that has been saved as a JPEG image using very low compression. This ensures maximum image quality, low file size, and no compression artifacts. The image will be approximately 11500 pixels by 9000 pixels and roughly 25 megs in size. The actual size may vary due to differing camera formats for the various years and also due to the cropping off of the frame border. These images can be viewed on a computer or printed/plotted at any photo lab.
Digital image downloads are licensed for personal use but are also available for commercial use with a separate commercial license.
In simple terms, when you purchase a digital image with a personal use license you can view it, edit it, print it out, hang it up, and show the image to friends, as long as it’s considered to be for “personal use.” Please don’t use the image in any type of business and please don’t give the image away, make copies for other people, or use it on any web sites.
The full legal terms of the Personal Use license appear below:
VintageAirPhotos.com grants buyer a non-exclusive perpetual personal-use license to download and copy the accompanying image, subject to the following restrictions: This license is for personal use only. Personal use means non-commercial use of the image(s) for display, or making prints for personal use. The image(s) may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration. The image(s) may not be used in advertising. The image(s) may not be resold, relicensed, sub-licensed, given away, or redistributed.
Title and ownership, and all rights now and in the future, of and for the image(s) remain exclusively with VintageAirPhotos.com. There are no warranties, express or implied. The image(s) are provided “as is.” VintageAirPhotos.com will not be liable for any third party claims or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer’s use of the image(s).
Again, in simple terms, a commercial license is similar to a personal license in that you still cannot resell or give away the image but you can use it for business purposes as well as in printed material and as artwork on commercial web sites.
The full legal terms of the Commercial Use license appear below:
1. VintageAirPhotos.com grants buyer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, perpetual right to use the image(s) for corporate business use and to reproduce the image(s) in printed materials, or any electronic or digital form. In the latter case, each image should be incorporated into a design in such a manner to make it clear that the image is not intended to be separately downloaded, copied, or distributed.
The above is subject to the following restrictions. Without limitation, image(s) may not be used:
• as a trademark or service mark
• for any pornographic, unlawful purpose or use
• to defame any person
• to violate any person’s right of privacy or publicity
• to infringe upon any copyright, trade name, trademark, or service mark of any person/entity
2. “Non-transferable” means that the work you produce using an Image must be for your own use, or if purchased on behalf of your employer or client, your employer or client must be the end-user of your work. You may not sell, rent, loan, give, sublicense, or otherwise transfer to anyone the Image, or the right to use an Image, and nothing you produce shall grant or purport to grant to any third party a right to use or duplicate an Image. You agree to take all commercially reasonable steps to prevent third parties from duplicating or distributing the Image.
3. You shall indemnify and defend VintageAirPhotos.com against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to (i) a breach of this Agreement, (ii) the use or modification of any Image or combination of any Image with any other material, (iii) your failure to abide by any restriction regarding the use of an Image, or (iv) any claim by a third party related to the use of an Image, alone or in combination with any other material. VintageAirPhotos.com warrants ownership of the copyright for the Image.
4. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Canada.